WHY MAINTAIN THE HEALTH OF YOUR ROOF?
7 GOOD REASONS TO GET YOUR NEXT ROOF WASH WASHED BY CHICAGO’S #1 ROOF CLEANING COMPANY CHICAGOLAND SOFTWASH
CHICAGOLAND SOFTWASH USES HOT WATER TO PRESSURE WASH ALL HARD SURFACES
A power wash involves using a machine that sprays a powerful stream of fresh, hot water. This combination can easily clean tough surfaces and remove unwanted thing like gum, dirt, grim, carbon build-up, etc. It also easily rids any surfaces of mold, mildew, algae and more. The use of hot water is what makes this process unique from pressure washing, which can be done at any temperature.
Choosing a power wash for your building guarantees a comprehensive clean. Power wash is included with our brick pointing services. This is usually conducted once we’ve grind the joints. Performing a power wash will eliminate any possible residue as well, before the rest of the service is completed.
1) Stop the damage that roof stainingorganisms casuse to your roof. These organisms, specifically algae, lichen, and moss, are feeding off the organic material in your shingles. Your shingles are a food source for these organisms and breed organic growth. The longer they are allowed to stay and feast off your shingles, the more damage they will cause.
2) Roof algae, lichen and/or moss can eat through your shingles and into your roof deck causing wood rot. When the wood rots, moisture gets in through the cracks and creates an environment hospitable to mold growth. Mold growth is very dangerous and can pose serious health risks to people and pets. Don’t ignore roof stains. With a gentle, eco-friendly ChicagoLand SoftWash roof cleaning, you can halt this process, eliminate the culprits, and restore your roof. Costly roof repairs can be avoided BEFORE any permanent damage occurs.
3) Your insurance company can cancel your homeowners policy for having a dirty or compromised roof. Insurance companies are increasingly demanding that homeowners have their roofs cleaned and, they often only give a very short notice to do so. We’ve seen cases where the homeowner was given less than a week to comply or lose their insurance coverage. Insurance companies know this and want to avoid a claim for a damaged roof and/or home in the future.
4) A roof covered with algae, moss etc. is no longer able to efficiently reflect sunlight. The algae covered shingles absorb heat, thereby super-heating your attic and increasing your cooling costs. ChicagoLand SoftWash services safely, gently, and completely remove the staining and/or growth, restoring your roof back to its natural health and efficiency.
5) Having your roof cleaned by a ChicagoLand SoftWash professional is the cost saving alternative to premature re-roofing. There is absolutely no need to prematurely re-roof when your roof can look like new again for a fraction of a complete tear-off replacement cost.
6) Restore the beauty of your home. A dirty roof detracts from your home’s curb appeal. You clean your siding, porches, and walkways. You may even apply weed control and fertilizers to spruce up your lawn and garden. If you ignore those ugly roof stains, no matter what else you do to improve your home’s exterior, those stains will be the main focal point of your home’s exterior. Planning to sell your home?…roof cleaning is a must!
7) The integrity of your roof can be compromised by these roof staining organisms by also attracting animals to your home, and ultimately into your attic. Algae, lichen and moss can penetrate the shingles allowing moisture to get into the sheathing. This moisture can cause wood to rot. The odor of rotting wood attracts animals. Infestation of any animal is a costly and unpredictable ordeal, with no guarantee.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR…
These are a few quick roofing maintenance tips that may help you determine if you are in need of a routine maintenance program for your home. We do not encourage you to climb your roof. Simply inspect from the ground and assessing your roof’s surroundings.
> Discolored Streaks (i.e. black streaking)
> Damaged or Missing Shingles
> Overhanging Trees
> Organic Growth
> Search for Conspicuous Damage
> Inspect Your Chimney for damage or discoloration.
> Search Your Ceiling inside your home for any water or brown spots
UNSIGHTLY BLACK ROOF STAINS ON YOUR CEDAR SHAKE SHINGLES?
Our safe, quick and professional roof stain removal/cleaning service can give your home the look of a new roof without the expense.
Call or Text now for a free roof washing estimate at 224-413.2655
CALL NOW FOR A FREE ESTIMATE:
Speak to a ChicagoLand SoftWash professional at 224.413.2655 – Call or text to schedule your free estimate.